You Take the Test
Southington’s Town-wide Effort to Promote Success is following the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Asset Model. Researchers came up with 40 Developmental Assets they believe all youth need in order to grow up to be healthy and successful individuals. The following test is a survey you can take to see how many of the 40 Developmental Assets you personally have.
- If you believe the statements are true and applies to your life, put a Y (for yes) next to the question. If it is not true or does not apply, put a N (for no). At the end, count the number of Ys you have and that will be an estimate of how many of the 40 Developmental Assets you have.
According to national statistics, out of the 200,000 students who took this survey:
- 9% had between 31 and 40 Assets
- 15% had between 21 and 30 Assets
- 41% had between 11 and 20 Assets
- 35% had between 0 and 10 Assets
How many assets do you have? If you have any questions about STEPS, the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets or ways to increase your Developmental Assets, please email us at email@example.com